PUTTING THORNTONS FRONT OF MIND FOR CHRISTMAS GIFTING
A strategically timed Christmas campaign with a number of media assets to drive multiple layers of media coverage and ultimately reignite the nation’s love for British chocolate maker Thorntons at its most important sales period.
- Key sales milestone provided a hook for national business pages
- Familiar face Kirsty Gallacher gave us a media worthy picture
- An eight foot chocolate tree, made entirely from Thorntons Classics, put the brand at the heart of the story
- A pop-up hot chocolate bar created a consumer experience and sampling opportunity with additional routes to media coverage
- Social amplification drove consumer buzz above and beyond our consumer experiential
- Business story was picked up in three national print titles including Times, Telegraph and the Sun with an additional interview secured with Kirsty Gallacher in weekend supplement S Magazine.
- Event listings for the Hot Chocolate Pop Up generated 18 pieces of coverage driving footfall to the event.
- Coverage generated 86m opportunities to see.
- Over 1500 boxes of Classic collections were given away via a series of broadcast and online competitions and social media competitions
- Extensive social media campaign drove an engagement increase of 655% on previous quarter with a 10% increase in twitter followers and 6% increase in page likes.