Driving sales to the Birra Moretti Gran Tour
To drive awareness and trial of Birra Moretti with a core male urban audience, we launched the Moretti Gran Tour – a celebration of the street food movement created by Space. Bringing together the country’s best Italian street food stalls under one roof, visiting Manchester and London through the summer.
The ticketed event was maximised through PR alone, so pre-event coverage was essential. Our targeted media approach went to key titles with a number of angles:
- Using the street food vendors to place feature pieces on the street food movement
- Targeting news and listings pages as the hottest event in town
- Offering VIP guestlist entry to an early adopter audience via a series of ticket giveaways in influencer media
We hosted a VIP launch evening to kick off the tour in each location – filling the venue with media, bloggers and key influencers in each area to maximise word of mouth within Birra Moretti’s key audience
- Our campaign achieved 42 pieces of coverage in the run-up to the Gran Tour across broadcast, national, regional and online publications, reaching 19,411,759 million consumers
- We secured 205 media attendees to the launch events in Manchester and London, including most wanted media; The MailOnline, Shortlist, Evening Standard, FHM, Independent and Manchester Evening News
- Following our media launch events in Manchester and London, #Morettimovement reached 389,436 consumers via twitter, and 92,128 consumers on Instagram.
- The Manchester events saw an 157% uplift in sales following our coverage, and London tickets sold out the day after our press launch