Launching BEAR Alphabites
Launched with a two phased approach as healthy snack brand BEAR took on the goliaths of the cereal aisle with their new BEAR Alphabites
- Targeted business media, profiling the founder Hayley Gait-Golding
- Handled the trade announcement as they launched into supermarkets for the first time
- Targeted the long-lead consumer media to secure coverage during the crucial back to school period.
Targeted the consumer press during the competitive back to school window. We focused on defining a cut-through message that BEAR were launching the first ever salt-free and refined- sugar-free children’s cereal that would provide a healthy and affordable breakfast for children.
We ran independent research with YouGov to explore parents lack of understand of the salt allowance for their children and what concerns them when buying breakfast cereal. We worked with salt charity CASH alongside nutritionist Amanda Ursell and founder Hayley Gait Golding to package up the findings and discuss during a series of high profile broadcast interviews.
To engage directly with parents we launched an extensive blogger campaign targeting the top parenting bloggers with a personalised package containing Alphabites and craft activities for the children to enjoy.
- Secured the front page of The Independent on Sunday Business section with an interview with the BEAR founder
- Achieved the front page of The Grocer during launch week
- Our research was covered by breakfast news on Sky Sunrise plus 147 radio stations including Radio 5 Live and Sky News Radio.
- Our blogger outreach resulted in 28 pieces of blogger coverage within two weeks and sparked a huge reaction on social media with over 40 social media posts over 3 days, all praising the brand and product. Product placement achieved in key titles such as Gurgle, Prime Baby, Notebook and Closer reaching over 2 million consumers